Thursday, March 29, 2012

Brielle Said What???


Brielle admiring herself
after a haircut from Mom in April 2009.

Brielle was keeping me company the other day as I was getting ready to go out. Brielle was admiring herself in my bathroom mirror as I was putting on make-up.

She leaned into the mirror and made kissing sounds – something she sometimes does “by accident” but cannot do on purpose. She started laughing at herself and I joined in. I made lots of kissing noises in the mirror right back at her.

She turned to me and signed, “Mooooommm, stop.” I told her I loved those kisses and I would never stop.

Then she finger spelled, “S-H-U-T U-P” and laughed at herself.

I was shocked that she even knew that phrase. I couldn’t help but to start to chuckle.

I composed myself quickly and went into mom teaching mode telling her that wasn’t a nice thing to say. But, on the inside, I continued to chuckle.

I love it when she surprises me with things like that. It’s a small glimpse at being “normal”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Feel free to include a link to your blog or social media accounts so that I can hop over for a visit!