Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wedding Day Blues

Our Wedding Day - March 10, 1990
Our 22nd Anniversary - Today
It is hard to believe it has been 22 years since our wedding. A lot has changed. We have changed. A little grayer. A little heavier. A little older. A lot smarter.

I feel so lucky to have met a wonderful person 27 years ago. So lucky that he wanted to marry me. So blessed to have our wonderful life together despite everything.

We celebrated last night by going out for a few drinks and enjoying a nice meal together. He sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers today. Their fragrance is filling the house and reminds of the flowers we had on our wedding day.

It was so disappointing that Brian had to leave for Shanghai this morning for a business meeting all week. Ashley had to work today, so it was just me and Brielle for the day. Although Brielle and I stayed busy during the day running errands, I still felt a little down spending the day apart from Brian.

An anniversary is a time for remembering and for being together. At least if we couldn't be together, I spent some time remembering. I looked at our wedding album, as I always try to do on our anniversary. Who were those young people? Did they ever wonder what their lives would be like 22 years later? I can't imagine they thought it would be like this. In some ways, it is even better than those young people could have imagined.

Love you, Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Feel free to include a link to your blog or social media accounts so that I can hop over for a visit!