Saturday, April 21, 2012

Home Alone!

I NEVER get to be home alone, but today I did! Unfortunately, part of the reason was because I am sick. Nothing serious, just a cold.

Since I wasn’t feeling well, Brian took Brielle to her Miracle League baseball game. With Ashley out with friends, I was alone for at for a few hours for the first time in months.

Now that I homeschool Brielle, she is almost always with me. The only time I go somewhere without her is when Brian and I get a date night or when I go to a friend’s house once a month to scrapbook for the day. So, today was a unique day indeed!

It was so strange to be home alone. What did I do???? Took a shower and stretched out on the sofa with a blanket watching TV. Exciting, huh? Actually, it felt pretty lonely.

As for being lonely, I thought I would share a small excerpt from the first chapter of the book I am writing. The chapter is about things readers should know about Brielle and me. This is one thing readers should know about me:

“I am lonely.

My job as mother and homeschool parent to Brielle has created a life of solitude that makes me uncomfortable. I have few environments where I can truly connect with others. I feel like an outsider in so many circumstances. Our lives are so different from others. I feel like no one around me really understands me and what I go through on a daily basis just to keep up with what life has given us. No matter how well-meaning people try to be, I still feel alone.”

Being alone today was nice, but it made me realize it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. I love my family and the house only feels like home when they are here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Feel free to include a link to your blog or social media accounts so that I can hop over for a visit!