Here's our (shortened) week in review:
- Faith: We learned that we shouldn't expect anything in return for doing a good deed. "The Lord bless you. You have shown kindness." - 2 Samuel 2:5
- Reading: The little apricot miniature poodle, Sweetie, we've been reading about is living up to her name. But, so far, no new forever home for her.
|Brielle's letter to her big sis|
- Language Arts: We're still working on putting the basics to work by correcting punctuation and grammar in sentences. She does great, but adding the correct punctuation for dialog (adding quotation marks and commas properly) is still a struggle.
- Science: We learned about how sound travels through gases, liquids and solids. We "experimented" by putting our ears to the top of the table and tapping on it. It was so loud!
- Life Skills: Brielle has been very interested in cooking. I tried to get her involved in as many parts of the process as she is able to. Food always tastes better when you help cook it!
"I think careful cooking is love, don't you?
The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who's close to you
is about as nice a valentine as you can give." - Julia Child