|Ready for our day!|
|Hold still for the x-rays!|
It feel more like a mauling than a doctor's visit. She sees the:
- the physical therapist
- the x-ray technician (to take x-rays of her hips and back)
- the physiatrist (also referred to as rehabilitation physicians and are medical doctors who have completed training in the medical specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation)
- the orthotist (also referred to as a prosthetist and is a healthcare professional who is specifically educated and trained to manage comprehensive orthotic and/or prosthetic patient care - for fitting Brielle with leg braces)
- the orthopedic surgeon
- the nutritionist (if I ask, we used to need more advice about getting more calories into her diet)
- a social worker (if I ask, last year I consulted one to help with the issues we'll need to face when she turns 18 years old)
|Pick a card, any specialist you want.|
|Our private room for the day!|
All of those specialist in the span a few hours is overwhelming. I have to be prepared with questions and concerns I want them to address as well as things to do while we're waiting in between specialists (and believe me, there's PLENTY of waiting time in between).
|Brielle and Mom hanging out |
in between specialists
(We got lots of school work done!)
Yesterday's appointment went relatively smoothly despite leaving the house at 9am and not getting home until 4pm. At least we got in early. Unfortunately, the rest of the day was rushed. We had only 20 minutes for lunch in between specialists to catch our breath!
|Pizza for lunch in the cafeteria.|
Yummy! (sort of)
|Her new meds.|
Thanks to my friends and family for giving me the love, prayers and support to get through the day. I kinda get a little "wacky" from the stress of the day. But, today was THE LAST time we need to do this! Woohoo!!