Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday's Wacky Words: Beds

Brielle says the darnedest things. Well, she signs the darnedest things. That's what "Wednesday's Wacky Words" is all about -- the funny way she "says" things or the funny way she tries to put signs together to communicate.

A few nights ago, after she had only been in bed a few minutes, Brielle came stumbling out of her room bleary-eyed and a bit tearful.

"My bed is grumpy," she signed to me.

"Huh?" I asked her.

"Come see," she signed to me grabbing my hand to drag me to her room.

"What is she talking about?" I thought to myself. "And what exactly is a 'grumpy bed'?"

"Look," she signed when we got to her room.

Her "grumpy bed" was disheveled, covers going every which way. She wanted me to fix her sheet, blanket and bedspread and make them nice and neat.

So THAT'S what a "grumpy bed" looks like! I guess I hate when my bed is grumpy, too.

Silly Brielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Feel free to include a link to your blog or social media accounts so that I can hop over for a visit!