|Tools of the Trade -|
Our homeschooling cabinet
I thought I would showcase some of the fun things we learn each week in "Thursday's Teaching Highlights" and maybe you'll learn something, too!
- Faith: "When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it." - Galatians 6:10 Boy, did we learn this lesson this week when the stranger gave us the gift!
- Reading: We learned that a big chocolate lab puppy has a lot of energy while reading Cocoa by Ellen Miles (our favorite reading series!).
- Handwriting: Brielle had extra practice this week writing thank you notes for Christmas gifts, a thank you note to the generous stranger, and a letter to her big sister, Ashley, who left for college on Sunday. :(
- Language Arts: Brielle's favorite activity is to do MadLibs. While she practices parts of speech, she creates funny stories and it can be quite the learning experience.
|The Stull Family in Washington DC|
- Social Studies/History: We talked about Washington, DC one day this week. We learned that eight cities served as the nation's capital between 1776 and 1790 when work finally began on Washington, DC. We had a wonderful family trip there a few years ago!
- Science: We compared some of the tools scientists use (like a scale, beaker, microscope and telescope) to some of the things we use around the house (like the bathroom scale, kitchen measuring cup, and binoculars). We can be scientists around the house!
- Math: Although math has been a slow struggle for Brielle, she continues to make small but significant strides. This week, she's been working on adding double digit figures!
|Ashley and Dad watching|
Brielle bowl with Special Olympics
- Life Skills: With renewed focus, I am teaching Brielle to become more independent. Snapping string beans and bath time skills were just a few of our efforts. Continue to watch for "Tuesday's Tiny Triumph's" posts to learn more!
"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein